16 May Federal Election & Eurovision: Our Top 10 beers For The Double-Header Weekend!
This weekend truly has got something for everybody!
What a time to be alive and living in Australia… We don’t just get to participate in Europe’s biggest music contest ( God knows why!?), we also have finally come to the pointy end of the 2019 election campaign with votes cast this Saturday, 18th May. Once you have gone out there and let your voice be heard by the godess of democracy, you can than sit back and enjoy the show. Saturday will be all about who comes first to form Australia’s new government, while Sunday morning 5AM, yes bright and early on SBS, you can watch the 64th Eurovision Song Contest live from Tel Aviv, Israel. Should you have found yourself at a banging election party Saturday night there is good news, too. The Song Contest Final will also be on repeat in full lenght Sunday evening from 8:30pm.
To make sure you are ready for this incredible weekend, we have put together a list of Top 10 beers that are perfect matches for all the shenanigans to come.
1. Hawke’s Patio Pale: A beer created with the values of former Prime Minister Bob Hawke in mind. The perfect election companion. $19.90/6 pack
2. Scratchy Vinyl Black IPA by Little Bang: We very much hope there won’t be any scratchy vinyl sounds when Kate Miller-Heidke goes live, to perform her song: Zero Gravity for Australia at Sunday’s Eurovision Song Contest $23.90/4 pack
3. Old Peculier by Theakston: A classic representing the UK & their entrant Michael Rice with his song: Bigger Than Us. 2 FOR $15
4. Marc’s Chocolate Bock by Maisel & Friends: They call it a “firework of enjoyment” and hopefully Germany’s finalists S!sters performing “Sister” will be the same. $15.90 ea.
5. Gran Riserva Puro Malto by Peroni: A premium lager to support Italy in their quest to take out the Eurovision 2019 title with Mahmood performing: Soldi. 2 For $11
6. Gavroche: A french strong beer at 8.5% will get you into the mood for Frances musical newcomer & YouTuber Bilal Hassani and his song: Roi. $7.90ea.
7. Kozel Premium Lager: “An oldie but a goodie” for Czech Republic indie band Lake Malawi who will perform: Friend of a Friend. A friendship song … classic Eurovision stuff! 3 For $14
Still to go through Semi finals are our last 3 picks for your finals weekend:
8. Ben by Brewski: this freedom loving imerial stout made in collab with Angry Chair Brewing’s Ben, is a great combo to support Eurovision-powerhouse: Sweden. Entrant John Lundvik performing: Too Late For Love. Upbeat love song #noneedfortissues 2 For $20
9. Grolsch (swingtop): Holland, Netherlands or Oranje, whichever way you prefer, pop the swingtop for their entry Duncan Laurance with: Arcade, who is currently the favourite to win the Grand Final! $19.50/4 pack
10. Guiness: Yab, the Irish are at it again, too, but really what’s a good party without Ireland… $21.90/6 pack
All products available at both stores, subject to stock availability.